To answer both of the questions, my answer is no. I still heard from God and I felt his presence. However, when I began to pray, talk, and have a one on one relationship with God I actually heard his voice (not the distance voice I once was hearing) and his presence was not only felt, but I could see it ( I saw his presence through praise, worship, and prayer).
|photo source: solar power|
Prayer changed my life in many ways that are explainable, but are hard to understand if you don't
believe in the Power of Prayer.
Many of you are probably coming up with an EXCUSE list of why you can't pray. Here's a few reasons:
- How can I pray when there is so much going on in my life? I don't know where to start!
- How do I talk to God? He is probably upset with me, because of how I've lived my life!
- God doesn't want to hear from me? I've got to much mess!
- How do you pray? Do I really have to get on my knees?
- When I pray it seems like God isn't listening to me! If he was, then why hasn't anything change?
- I don't have time to pray!
- My pastor prayed for me, does that mean I still have to pray for myself?
- There's no power in prayer, I can fix this much faster than what God can!
|Photo Source: Travis Agnews.org|
God sent someone to tell me some good news about the future, about the things that are going on in my life in present time, and about some things from my past I rarely reveal to people. One thing that stood out the most when she told me all of these things was God sees your tears. I can be honest with you and say I am a cry baby. I can honestly cry at the drop of a dime, but I don't cry in front of a lot of people. For instance, I can be on my way to dropping my children off at school and on an instant I may start crying. Before, I would walk into daycare I would dry my eyes off really good and check the mirror to make sure my face wasn't puffy from all of the tears. Of course no one was able to tell I was crying just a minute or two earlier, because I would try to cover what I didn't want them to see.
When the prophet came and told me this, I knew this was directly from God himself. During that
To get your prayer life started is not hard and it doesn't have to seem like a job. The bible tells us that God wants to hear from us.
- Jeremiah 33:3 says: Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. (ESV)
- John 8:47 says: Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason you do not hear them is that you are not of God. (ESV)
- John 6:63 says: It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are Spirit and Life. (ESV)
There are many songs that say "What a Friend We Have in Jesus," and my particular favorite is by the gospel duo Mary Mary. It simply says:
What a friend we have in Jesus
All of our sins and grief He'll bare
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer"
To have a friend that is willing to take on all your pain, your hurt, your hateful ways, your bad attitude, your sinful nature, your selfishness, your sorrow, your battles, your low self esteem, your lack of love, your struggles, your demons, your break ups, your abuse, your sinful pleasures, your wicked works, and your failures has to be an awesome friend.
I can't think of anyone in the nature world who would do all of that for me. I can't think of anyone in my life who would just listen to me complain, who would love me when I have hurt them beyond measure, or someone who is willing to forgive after I have abandon them time and time again.
|There is POWER in the NAME of JESUS. |
Do you believe that?
I believe a lot of the times when we pray we expect to hear from God right then and there. I can say that, because I do the same. And I actually get upset sometimes when He doesn't respond back to me at that particular moment. But I have to remind myself God is on his timing and not mines.
One thing I want you to know is when you start to talk to God daily, along with reading your bible daily, and then you start to mediate on what the word of God says he will start to speak to your heart. He may even send someone your way to speak to you. Sometimes you have to fully set your mind on Christ in order to believe what you are hearing is from Him.
Let me explain...
- Some people believe it's their conscious talking to them.
the end of the prayer, but you continue to mediate on that prayer by faith and through the word. Seven days have past and all week you have still been mediating and praying, but all of sudden while you are in the kitchen making lunch you are overcome with a feeling that says "start your own business."
Now in the nature world, people will give themselves credit, but if you truly believe in the word of God than you know this is God speaking to you. Let's go on to say you have been wanting to start your own business or maybe there was an opportunity you turned down for whatever reasons at the time or maybe you tried to start a business before and the timing was wrong.
As a believer you have the privilege to ask God what does He mean to "start my own business?" You can ask for clarification. As an unbeliever you can choose to ignore what just happen (thinking I must be crazy), take the credit yourself, or tell another unbeliever and be talked out of the whole thing.
|I receive this, because I believe this.|
Remember, in God's word it says He gives us the free will to make choices.
- Proverbs 16:9 says: The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. (ESV)
- John 7:17 says: If any one's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority. (ESV)
Remember God holds all the POWER and in order for your things to come and pass you must talk to Him. Talk to Him in the car, in the shower, at your job, before you go to bed at night, or anywhere you see fit. God is just not in the physically church, he is where ever you are, because you are the church.
I can't express enough the POWER of PRAYER!
- Matthew 6:6 says: And when you pray, go into your room, and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
So don't put this opportunity off any longer. Start today! God is waiting to be invited in that part of your life.
Below is one of the first prayers I learned. It's not my words, but it opened a communication area for me and God to communicate to one another. It didn't take long for me to grow from this prayer and it won't take you long either.
|This was one of the first prayers I learned!|